Monday, November 25, 2013

Live Life on the RUN- Movement One



     Today marks my first inaugural address to my audience, YOU! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my page and get a look around my interpretation of the world, specifically fashion. I am a 22 year old legal assistant living in our nation's beautiful and currently FREEZING capital, Washington, DC. I recently graduated from college with a degree in history (shout out to the Supreme Court, my favorite segment of my favorite branch of the government) and moved to DC from Florida. I didn’t have a job lined up or an apartment or anything, but I knew I wanted to live in a city for the first time in my life and with two job interviews set up I packed up my car and left my college town of four years to set off on a new adventure. (How cliché, right?) 

     Since arriving in DC I have learned that working forty hours a week is not like the part-time waitressing I did in high school and college, and long hours plus lots of commuting leaves little time for much else. However, although I am quite the busy bee, I have always had a passion for fashion. (And poetry, obviously) I love clothes, makeup, jewelry and shoes more than most things. The famous Carrie Bradshaw once stated: “When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more…” I can relate. And so, although I have no time or energy for this endeavor, with working full time coupled with studying for the LSAT and attempting to have a semblance of a social life, I find it a great outlet to channel my love for fashion and share my interpretation of high fashion on a realistic day to day perspective. We may not all be models traipsing the runways wearing the beautiful (but often impractical for daily life) looks they sport, but we love to look and feel gorgeous, and so with my blog, I will provide you with a way that we can all relate to the runways living our own busy lives on the RUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment